KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

My nephew recently lost his father My brother left no will

Customer Question

My nephew recently lost his father My brother left no will How does my nephew legally ge firearms and auto which is all my brother owned transferred to his name
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 9 months ago.
Good morning. What state is your nephew located, and where did the deceased live
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Lived with his son and passed in Alabama
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No other family will contest is right to his Dad's personal property
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 9 months ago.
Good morning. Alabama does not have firearms registration. Under the law firearm can be transferred face-to-face directly to another resident of Alabama so long as they are an adult, and you do not have cause to believe they are forbidden by law to own a firearm. If there is no will and no dispute with other relatives, and the guns were not registered, the he can just take possession.
Your nephew who is an heirs of a deceased owners of motor vehicles who died without a will, can complete an Affidavit for Assignment of Title When Deceased Owner Died Without A Will (MVT Form 5-6) and shall complete the assignment of title by owner. If the assignment of title area does not contain the required Federal Odometer Disclosure Statement, a separate conforming Federal Odometer Statement must be issued by the seller to the purchaser.
I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ty for your help
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 9 months ago.
You're welcome. Please rate the answer for tracking and credit purposes.