Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I have received a notice from the "FBI" that I have

Customer Question

I have received a notice from the "FBI" that I have inherited a prepaid debit card worth over $1,000,000.00 and to received it I must send $109.00 and it will be delivered directly to me. the return email address to contact is:***@******.*** I know this is probably a fraud, and I think something should be done to stop these notices. I wonder what I could do, if anything to discourage them being sent to anyone?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

It's definitely a scam. I'm glad you realized that before sending them any money (a lot of people don't). Unfortunately, the best thing you can do is report it to the FBI via the Internet Crime Complaint Center. There are so many scam artists out there, law enforcement just doesn't have the resources to go after them all - especially when they have to work with authorities in foreign countries. That particular email address belongs to someone in Tunisia.

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Meanwhile, to reduce those types of messages in your inbox, mark the message as spam. Do not reply - that just tells the scam artist they've got a live email address, and you'll start getting more offers. You can also report the email address as one associated with scams on websites such as www.scam.com, www.scambook.com, and similar forums.

It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.