John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
71296933

If I was served a subpoena to attend as a witness in a civil

Customer Question

If I was served a subpoena to attend as a witness in a civil trial, and the date of trial was changed, will I be served again? How am I to know when the trial is set and/or am I legally obligated to attend without notification of the new date?
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
No, you are not obligated to go unless a new subpoena is issued or the subpoena already issued has a larger set of dates than the specific trial date - such as" X date and any dates therafter as order by the court".
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require furtherassistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question tothe best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledgeand experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.