N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983

My name ***** ***** cano. I live in the state of nevada

Customer Question

Hello my name ***** ***** cano. I live in the state of nevada and i'm applying for a job. On the job application it asks me Please note that you DO NOT have to identify a record of any adult or juvenile arrest, detention, or conviction that has been sealed, expunged, annulled, erased, pardoned, or statutorily eradicated, set aside, or otherwise dismissed by court order.Please note that answering “Yes” to this question will not automatically bar you from employment. Only those crimes which are substantially related to the position you are applying for will be considered.Have you ever been convicted of a crime?YesNo.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well do i have to say yes to this question if i had a DUI in california back in 2001
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question If you were convicted of the DUI, then you have to answer yes if the conviction was not expunged, but one DUI 15 years ago is not likely to prevent you from being hired. I hope this information is helpful.