Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

Complicated question. I was declined at an Apartment in Minnesota

Customer Question

Complicated question. I was declined at an Apartment in Minnesota for just getting onto a lease with family. The report said declined due to felony. I've never had a felony. I was directed to go to the place where they do their background checks. They gave me the report which stated i had a felony in 02 in Scott County, MN. I went to the county clerk where they had to order my file, when they got it back it showed Misdemeanor, like it always was, but the system had felony. They said they corrected it. Is there any legal actions i can have taken for this?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.It sounds like it was a similar error, likely human error on entry. What sort of legal action are you looking to take? For the loss the apartment? My suggestion would be to go aback to the apartment complex and let them know the *error* was resolved and give them a copy of the revised report. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.