Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

HUD (Housing and Urban Developement) Federal Grant Department

Customer Question

HUD (Housing and Urban Developement) Federal Grant Department for real?
I've been contacted by people representing federal grant depart. saying I have been approved for a grant in the amount of 200,000.00 . the address on the email is Department of HUD, Burnett PLZ 7th floor,***** FORT WORTH, TX 76102
Name of Philip West claims to be Chief Creditor: US Federal Grant Department
They are insisting I open an account with the NET Bank to proceed with this transfer of $.
(NET Banks are only located in Oklahoma and these folk only deal w/America NET Bank)
Upon opening an account with NET Bank "you will get access to your $ back with your grant" after we send you the documents along with your checkbook, etc.
Is this total BS or what do I listen to and believe? The #'s they use I found are really just personal FREE long distance #'s and many times are not all that clear and free of noise or they have frequent line connection troubles. Unfortunately we have transfered some thousands of $ and they are now insisting we pay to have these six insurances "that come along with the grant" to the tune of more thousands to pay for costs of lawyers signing papers and insurance documents, etc. ( more delay tactics and scam for more $ ? ) I put them off calling us for a few days telling them we need more time to get this $ together ... giving me time to try and check them out. They sent an email stating the amount that has been deposited into OUR account and it does have an account NUMBER on the email. Should I try to contact America NET Bank in Oklahoma and see if this account NUMBER is ***** real? Thank you for your time. Dale GR MI ***@******.***
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Did you apply for a grant?