Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Can a family sue the military death of a child that lose

Customer Question

Can a family sue the military for a death of a child that lose his life 3/17/16 on base in blinds.
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. If the death of the person is related to negligence or wrongful death (not combat related), it is possible to sue under the Federal Tort Claims Act and also under the Military Claims Act.......depending on the specific claim. Here's a good link you can read: http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/2013/11/how-can-you-sue-the-military.html
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.
If the family wants to pursue a claim, they should definitely consult a local military law attorney to file a notice of claim and navigate through the statutory procedure in order to properly plead the claim.
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!