Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

My son was arrested taking picture of a women in a public

Customer Question

Hello my son was arrested taking picture of a women in a public bathroom we live I'm very scared for him and need to know how to fight this.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Ok what do you need
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Well my son is 21 years old he do not have a criminal record but he was arrested on trust.passing in the lady bathroom and they took his phone they stated he was in there taking picture of women.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello, What is your question?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.
I was hoping to have heard back from you, since you did not tell me what you wished to learn. However, here's some information regarding to the charge. If this does not fully answer your question, please reply here on this question thread and I can add to my answer. Your son would be charged with a violation of Georgia's Peeping Tom/Invasion of Privacy Law. There are two statutes in Georgia's code. The first one criminalizes the act of spying on a person in places where they have an expectation of privacy. The second would criminalize his photographing or videotaping. Either section of the law is a misdmeanor with a maximum possible penalty of a year in jail.