Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Grantor(s)Recard R. Rivera and A. Maxine Rivera Married 60Yrs my

Customer Question

Grantor(s)Recard R. Rivera and A. Maxine Rivera Married 60Yrs
my wife recently passed and I want to know can I exercise my right to amend or revoke it and get my property back that I have paid for all my life . some where it states that the trust is automatically split into two trusts which would me I would lose half of the home and money is there a way for me to get my property back in my name I cant afford to lose $100,000 I am on social security and am planning to selland move with my daughter and her husband please find me a way to get my property back thank you Recard Rivera
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. What are you wanting to amend or revoke? Also, what state are you in?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Michigan Revocable living trust
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Thanks. It is possible that you could revoke the trust IF the trust gives you that power. However, if what you say is true, the second your spouse passed away, a trust was immediately created for her, and at the point of death, her part of the trust would be irrevocable because she's no longer living and capable of revoking her trust......
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
However, if you are the beneficiary of the trust, then you could file a lawsuit in court and ask the judge to break apart the trust and transfer title to the property to you -- the beneficiary of the trust. But, in order to do this, the trustee and all beneficiaries would have to agree.