Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My name is***** and I reside and work in South San

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** and I reside and work in South San Francisco and am a union member of Local 510 contracted to Freeman Co. Today I was was instructed by both my General Foreman and our branches Operations Manager that I was not allowed to wear my shirt with the American flag printed upside down on it because it might offend someone. I am a military veteran and under THE FLAG CODE Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10 As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress Approved July 7, 1976 I feel that I am totally within my wrights to wear my shirt. I am looking for legal advice on if I am in my legal rights to do so.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You can reach me at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If you cant call me at(###) ###-####then please send me an email at***@******.***
Thank You
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I don't do telephone calls but we can handle this via the online chat if you would like. If this is acceptable let me know and we can get started. However, before we do you need to know that the employers have almost all the power in these type situations.