Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

My name is ***** ***** a friend of mines by the name of

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** a friend of mines by the name of hanniel Joel bowe was arrested in Utah for aggravated assault I think an now is incarcerated at Utah correctional facility but he's not from the US, I just need some insite on how can I help him or how could you help him, I don't know how long he's been in there but I'm sure it wasn't a year
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Hello, What is the status of your friend's case? Has he already been convicted and sentenced or is he still awaiting trial? When you say he's not from the US, does he have a green card?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He's still waiting trial an he doesn't have a green card
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He's been in there from November last year
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. Is there an immigration hold against him, or is it that he just can't make bail? What is the question that you want to ask about this?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No problem an I'm not sure if they did set a bail for him
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The question is what can I do to help him get out
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
You don't seem to know much about his case, so I can't tell you what you can do to get him out. The simple answer would be to post bail for him. In order to find out what his bail is, you could call the court where his case is being held and the court clerk can tell you what bail is set on the case and if there are any holds on him. By holds, I mean something like an immigration detainer, which would mean that he couldn't be bailed out. If it turns out that posting bail could get him out, then the way to do it would be to put up the money, either yourself if you have it all or through a bail bondsman, where you only need to put up a percentage. Then he can continue to fight the case while he is at liberty. Otherwise there's nothing you can do. There are things that his lawyer can do to try to get bail reduced or to try to speed up the progress of his case, but nothing else that you can do. When you call the court to find out his bail conditions, you can also get the name and phone number of his lawyer. If there is something else you can do to help your friend with his case, some evidence you may have that would be helpful to him, for example, the lawyer can tell you.