Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I am co-owner of a condo in Dallas,Tx and we paid cash for

Customer Question

I am co-owner of a condo in Dallas,Tx and we paid cash for our unit in 2014 and we have lived here for 2yrs without incident.We both have excellent credit and never been late on HOA dues or our taxes. The problem is that I am Bi-polar and have a criminal past which includes an misdemeanor assault in 2001(discharged) a felony assault 2013 and a felony 3rd DWI 1996. In 2015 I was arrested and have another felony DWI case pending. The HOA actions have been questionable regarding the rights of the tenants and wonder what legal rights if any do we have as homeowners.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.What HOA actions do you believe are questionable?Please clarify.Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't comment at this time. Thank you for your time. Is there a charge for your service today?
Thank you for your follow up.It would be impossible for me to provide you with an accurate answer, unless you can let me know what issues you have with HOA or what specific homeowner's rights are you inquiring about.Is there reason you can't discuss this information?