Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

How can a person prove defamation of character, libel and or

Customer Question

How can a person prove defamation of character, libel and or slander? I said something that know is true but did not name any names. I also posted a statement on FB but did not name any names. I guess it home and the people feel guilty. I also said I had pictures but I don't trying to get them to come forward and return my things. Can I be sued?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.I cannot comment on your specific situation, but generally the truth is an ultimate defense against any defamation claim, so as long as, the statements which are claimed to be defamatory are true, then the person who made such statement would not be liable for any defamation, once the person who made the statements proves that the statements are true.I wish you the best of luck!