Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

There was no abuse the order is based on a supposed phone

Customer Question

There was no abuse the order is based on a supposed phone call harrasment that was suppose to have been stated to a third party. After investigating it was found by the police that there was no order from eight years ago to justify the current order. There is also no record of the current order
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
If there's no record of anything, what makes you think there IS a current order? Have you seen it? If so, where did you get it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was given a order of protection with a docket number signed by a chief clerk
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was handed the order by local police.
Then how does no one have a record of it? The docket number should be the record unless the case was dismissed and sealed (and even then, someone should be able to see that). I'm very confused as to how there could be a record with no order. Ordinarily, the next step would be a Motion to Vacate Order using the docket number on the order.