Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I AM TRYING TO PURSUE A SELF HELP REPOSSESSION AND I WAS

Customer Question

I AM TRYING TO PURSUE A SELF HELP REPOSSESSION AND I WAS TOLD I NEEDED A WRIT OF REPLEVIN IN ORDER TO TAKE BACK MY PROPERTY MY UNDERSTANDING WAS THAT I COULD TAKE THE PROPERTY AS LONG AS I DO NOT MAKE A BREACH OF PEACE I AM UNSURE OF WHAT CAN BE DONE I DO NOT WANT TO BE ARRESTED FOR TAKING MY PROPERTY THAT IS NOT BEING PAID FOR AND IS BEING DESTROYED I AM IN OKEECHOBEE COUNTY FLORIDA PLEASE HELP
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.
What are you trying to repossess? Do you have a written agreement as to the remedies in case of default?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am trying to repossess my rv camper that I am selling on payments there is no contract just a payment schedule and it is still titled to me until paid in full they have stopped making payments and have damaged the camper removing the built in furniture and ripping the awning
Thank you for the information. In Florida, you must be licensed to repossess an RV camper. See Florida Statutes Chapter 537 Section 537.012 and 537.003(11). So, you need to retain a repossession company to perform this task for you. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.