ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

We are a private club in Connecticut. In order to join our

Customer Question

We are a private club in Connecticut. In order to join our club one must buy a home in our community. There is an individual, who has not bought a home yet thus not a member. This person is asking for our latest audited financials. Does this person have the right to see this document at this point?
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. No. A nonmember in a private organization does not have a right to inspect. There are rights for members to inspect records of the organization, but the person would first have to be a member. If he were to "complain" in court, he'd have to establish first that he had standing to make the records request. That means that he'd have to show that he was a member at the time that the request for inspection of records was made. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 7 months ago.
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?