Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I own a small computer repair business I have a client that

Customer Question

I own a small computer repair business I have a client that brought a laptop for me to repair because the client couldn't access the computer or use the computer because the computer wouldn't boot up to the desktop. she asked us to the a backup the file during the repair process which I did performed a back up but the back up came up empty I guess whatever had happen to her computer have already delete the files. To repair the computer for her we had reinstalled the Window operating system in her computer So she claimed the files was in the computer we are the one who deleted them from the computers at the end she decided to pay us for the repair service. One day later I received a call from her and she had someone in the line with her which she claimed that her lawyer they asked me to pay $200 for her to take the laptop to a data recovery specialist to avoid being sue I had say no at first and after a long argument I agreed to pay but I have not pay her yet. I would like to know should I pay her? what I should do in this situation the laptop was not function she claim the files was in there but I could not prove it because the computer was not usable?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi you read my comments what type of advice you can gave me?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.
I am sorry to hear about your situation. I would recommend refunding and agreeing to pay for the service. I say this because you have already orally agreed to so it but also it would likely be cheaper than trying to hire an attorney and defend yourself against a lawsuit by her.