How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2125
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a small computer repair business I have a client that

Customer Question

I own a small computer repair business I have a client that brought a laptop for me to repair because the client couldn't access the computer or use the computer because the computer wouldn't boot up to the desktop. she asked us to the a backup the file during the repair process which I did performed a back up but the back up came up empty I guess whatever had happen to her computer have already delete the files. To repair the computer for her we had reinstalled the Window operating system in her computer So she claimed the files was in the computer we are the one who deleted them from the computers at the end she decided to pay us for the repair service. One day later I received a call from her and she had someone in the line with her which she claimed that her lawyer they asked me to pay $200 for her to take the laptop to a data recovery specialist to avoid being sue I had say no at first and after a long argument I agreed to pay but I have not pay her yet. I would like to know should I pay her? what I should do in this situation the laptop was not function she claim the files was in there but I could not prove it because the computer was not usable?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi you read my comments what type of advice you can gave me?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear about your situation. I would recommend refunding and agreeing to pay for the service. I say this because you have already orally agreed to so it but also it would likely be cheaper than trying to hire an attorney and defend yourself against a lawsuit by her.