Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I was T boned in the passenger side rear end of my 2005 Escalade.

Customer Question

I was T boned in the passenger side rear end of my 2005 Escalade. My insurance is American Family and they DID NOT send an adjuster, to look at and define the damage. The car was at Chapman Body Shop, but it was there for 3 months instead of the 10days estimate on the written report. They at the body shop were not capable of finding out all the things that were wrong. Plus a the wheel (22") was what took the biggest hit in the accident. They replaced the wheels finally after giving me 3 choices, BUT those expense Vogue wheels were NOT given to me and i DID NOT AUTHORIZE THAT THEY COULD SELL them or dispose of them. They cost $9,000 new including the tires. I have the contract. After I started pointing out that used parts were used on my vehicle, and that I wanted to be repaid for the wheels at a depreciated cost of course, things got dicey.. American Family seems unwilling to make Chapman reimburse for them or other outstanding issues I paid for that Chapman did not fix, like the right slashed front tire, a bumper that looked better than the used one they put on. And it goes on. It has been 7 months now, and all I want is the depreciated cost of those wheels... Can you help!!
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation, Darlene. Can you please tell me: 1) What state is this in?2) Did you have FULL or MINIMAL coverage?3) Did the other driver have coverage?4) Who was deemed at fault for the accident, if anyone, by the police? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.