Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

Is it unethical California attorney to accept credit

Customer Question

Is it unethical for a California attorney to accept credit card payment for me without written authorization by the client
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. No, there's nothing in the rule of ethics (Code of Professional Responsibility) which would prevent this. You can read these at The specific ones dealing with financial issues are in Chapter 4 and a few in Chapter 1. If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.