legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

Can a member be a trustee If he is on payroll working as a

Customer Question

Can a member be a trustee If he is on payroll working as a paid individual?
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
A trustee for a living trust? Can you provide more information please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not for a living trust, but a church trustee board.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience;So according to CA commercial code here employees may serve on the board, so long as the board is not comprised of more than 49% of employees. That being said, there may be a conflict of interest because the employee/trustee may be in a position to personally benefit from this dual capacity role. To minimize this, the employee will generally be required to recuse oneself from issues directly involving one's employed position - such as compensation for that position, or matters directly pertaining to that position. Corporate code 5227 is the relevant code. General information available here:http://www.publiccounsel.org/tools/publications/files/ab1233.pdf Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly-Rate Positively-This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.Thank you and take care!No attorney client relationship is created as this is general legal information, not advice; and a personal attorney should be hired if one wishes specific legal advice for their personal situation.