Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How to stop getting political mail?

Customer Question

How to stop getting political mail?
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: I get 5-15 political mailings from almost all states every day. How can I stop this waste of paper?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Expert before I connect you two?
Customer: That is it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. There is no way to stop the mailings 100%, but following the steps below will normally help to stop the majority of such advertisements: Register with the DMA Choice (National Mailing Lists). The Direct Marketing Association's DMA Choice program represents about 80% of the total volume of marketing mail in the United States. You can opt out by registering on the no-contact list. You must re-register after three years. Many political ads get their information from the DMA. See here: https://www.dmachoice.org/register.php or write to them at: DMA ChoiceDirect Marketing AssociationPO Box 643Carmel, NY 10512 Do the same with the following companies: Red Plum (Valassis) via their online form.https://www.redplum.com/tools/redplum-postal-addremove.html Val-Pak Savings Coupons (Cox Target Media) via their form online, as well.https://www.valpak.com/coupons/show/mailinglistsuppressionThis should stop majority of such mailings within 1-3 months (most companies update their lists once a month). I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is not what I want. How can I cancel this?