Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I had an accident in 2013, where i was rear ended while i was

Customer Question

i had an accident in 2013, where i was rear ended while i was stopped for a red light.
It was not major damage and i had a minor injury and drove too a ER right near the accident as i refused too go by ambulance when my injury did not require transport.
i got an estimate which was just a little over my deductible so I could not make a claim through my carrier. i sent numerous letters too the liable carrier, no reply going back and after 1 1/2 years then send a check with a release of all claims which they knew that I had medical bills and a medical liens from my carrier and Medicare. I asked in writing for them only to send a pd check with no release.
i ended up filing a prose law suit as the Carrier was not dealing in good faith, using unfair claims practices.
we ended up in Mandatory Arbitration, I guess my error was not filling out proper form a 90c package. i am not a lawyer and as i said, it was relatively a small case. I got all my incurred bills,copies of all medical records , photos of car that I needed.
because the head arbitrator was a retired judge, he started making statements to me that, this not Judge Wapners,or judge Judy TV show. I did present all material too show proof of my incurred expenses. Even though Liability is clear, I got scolded for not getting an attorney and was told too do so before May 4TH.
I had been turned down by several attorney's as the case was too small. Plus I tried too handle this myself. these Lawyers were referred by the Bar association.
what do I Do now, I am trying too negotiate with the Attorney but they are refusing too deal fairly not offering my med bills which I have Liens on,(the Attorney Denied that in court) yet I have written acknowledgment from the Liable Carrier that they did receive the lien.
i went too my own private Dr. followed her order too wait for the med's too work if not I would need Physical Therapy, which I ended up having about 8 treatments.
Can you help with Suggestion's?
Thank you
***@******.***
Susan Feinstein.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
Hi Susan - thanks for requesting me.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
It is difficult to find a lawyer to take a case on contingency when the money at stake isn't enough to provide the fee the lawyer expects to handle the case, pay the up-front fees, expert fees, filing fees, etc.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
So it may be that you have to offer to pay an attorney an hourly rate in order to get some legal assistance in this matter.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
If it's possible for you to offering attorney an hourly rate to negotiate with the other side's lawyer, you should be able to get some help.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
The only other option would be to contact your state's bar association and ask for a list of pro bono or legal aid attorneys in your area and see if they can provide assistance. However, most of these lawyers are going to deal with family law and debt/bankruptcy issues. Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!