Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My mother has a minimarket she owns, it is rented. She sued

Customer Question

My mother has a minimarket she owns, it is rented. She sued the people who rented it to recover her establishment and to get the money they owe to her.They ow her $54,000.00. The case is in court, it's being 2 year and they keep postponing the views for health issues, everyone gets sick on the day of the case, including the judge. Other than waiting forever for a hearing that never comes, payin the bills. What other option does my mother has? Change court? complaint to someone that her case is being ignored? Of course my mother had to sell all her furniture, lost her savings, rented their home in order to pay fo a establishment that some else is gaining money every day. Because they keep on working the business without paying the rent.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Is your mother represented by a local attorney?At what stage is the case?