Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Transferring(selling) mineral rights in Oklahoma to my brother

Customer Question

Transferring(selling) mineral rights in Oklahoma to my brother and sister
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What will you need?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Are you asking how to go about transferring the mineral rights interests to someone?..thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes, I would like to transfer my portion of some mineral rights in Pittsburgh County, Oklahoma to my brother and sister. The rights are currently divided among us three. I would like to sell them and they each would get half.
Ok, this is something that you would need a local real estate attorney or title/closing company to draft up a mineral rights deed for the property so as to sever those mineral rights from the property. There are two rights..the general surface rights and the subsurface mineral rights, to a property and if you want to sever mineral rights, you need a specific mineral rights deed..These are standard deeds so I would suggest contacting a closing or title company to see if they could prepare it for you as they will be faster and cheaper. They can also help with getting it executed and recorded for a minimal fee..,,thanksBarrister