Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I had two orders of protection filed against me which left

Customer Question

I had two orders of protection filed against me which left me homeless for over three months while the case got continued for the benefit of the planet. They used the order protection as leverage to get me to sign a quit claim deed do I have a case against them
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Most of the statements and the order of protection or false. I was not allowed access to any of my belongings during this three-month period period several times their lawyer stated on paper if I sign a quit claim deed they will drop the order protection. It seems like blackmail to me and unfair. I was tired of being homeless and without my things so I signed a quit claim deed and they drop the order of protection can I sue them
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
If you signed a Quit Claim Deed under duress, you can go back to Court and ask that your signature be rescinded and the transfer void because it was signed under duress. That is, you can file a lawsuit to have the transfer rescinded. Once you file the lawsuit, you can record a Notice of Lis pendens to give notice to potential buyers that the title to the property is at issue. You may retain the services of local Attorney who handles real estate litigation to assist you with the case. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys: Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.