Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

Here is their e-mail***@******.*** they

Customer Question

here is their e-mail***@******.*** they told me I got cash from them I don't think I did I ask if I could get something showing me I did and they told me. Alright and we don't want you money now you can go where you want to go and we are downloading your case file.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello, This sounds like a very well-known scam. Someone contacts you claiming to be a collections agency and tries to convince you into paying for a debt you don't really owe. If you're sure you didn't take out a loan with this business, I'm sure you're right. I notice right up front that their email address is generic. If they were a real business, they'd likely have a professional email account. Anyone can open up a gmail account, even under a fake name, which is likely what's going on here. You don't have to put up with any creditor who keeps calling you and harassing you. You have substantial consumer rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. You can check your credit history and see if there's an unpaid loan you owe money on by going to can get a free copy of your credit history from all three credit reporting agencies and see it on the web, compliments of the Federal Trade Commission. The site is government approved. Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, you can demand that they validate this debt in writing so that you can formally dispute it. Also, under both state and Federal law, it's illegal for a debt collection company to harass you or threaten you with prosecution for failing to pay a civil debt. You can dispute this debt, which you should do in writing, by sending the collection agency a cease and desist letter, letting them know that they are in violation of both state law and the Federal government's Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Tell them to immediately refrain from contacting you or anyone else such as your family or employer or that you will report them on the state level to your state Attorney General and on the Federal level to the Federal Trade Commission. Remind them that from here, every violation could get them fined $1,000. If you really owe this money, they will have to serve you and take you to civil court. But if you don't, this should be the end of it all. The Federal Trade Commission gives a wonderful overview of overaggressive and/or fake collection agencies and how to get them off of your back, where to report them, where to learn more, etc. And it's pretty straightforward. You can access that here. Good luck!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The thing is that I don't remember but can't u tell on the papers he sends me
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.
You can tell by looking up your credit report. You can get that credit report for free right on line courtesy of the Federal government by going to Don't order it from any other site. This one is the only one the US government approves of as safe. Once you see your reports, you can tell if there really is a loan outstanding that you took out. Why would you trust the papers sent to you by someone you think may be lying to you, when you can see what debts you have officially from the three US credit reporting bureaus? Otherwise, anybody can just call you and claim you owe them money. There's no point in paying them, unless you really have to.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I look in the credit report and nothing. So are you telling me if I did own it will hit the credit report first.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.
If you ever took out a loan with their company, the fact that there was a loan would be on your credit report. Did you check all three reports?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.
What proof did the company send you of the debt and how did they send it to you?