Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a terminal illness and as of last Sept I have received

Customer Question

I have a terminal illness and as of last Sept I have received several letters asking me to vacate or tear down a camper that was remodeled. I have recently been have worse health issues due to stress. My ulcers are coming back, cyst are developing and other issues. The daily stress is unbearable. I even have contacted the lawyer of the development explained and he has even yet to get back in touch after stating he would. That was 3 months ago. Other lots in our community have the same criteria as my building and are not even as nice. But I have pictures of those. Im a former Land surveyor and Auto Cadd design drafter so I have my knowledge what is and isn't. I'm being singled out due to residing out here in my house next door. But the other places they come just for summer fun. It has made me feel terrible and unwelcomed on my own property as if being stared at constantly. I am totally being singled out and I am a single father with sole custody of my 12 yr old and with my condition I need all the time I can get and they are stealing that from stress alone.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Guess I should ask Do I have grounds for a case? Who would hable it pro bono for a guy in my situation with hardly any funds due to still fighting for disability.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Like to add that rules on such a structure can be less than 500 sq ft, have no well or septic. I fit in all three and still a non permanent structure. But my tires are off and im blocked in the air.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I reside at in our house next door and we have three consequtive lots side by side.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here is a photo
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post. Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and the issues, and resubmit. Thank you for your cooperation,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I live in a development called woodland lakes in sullivan MO. The trustees have had laawyer send me letters stating that i have to tear down or vacate my camper that i remodeled as shown in picture. I fit with our indintures guidlines for a cabin design due to less than 500 sq ft and with no plumbing or sewer hookups. i have contacted the lawyer for the development that is sending me the letters and have expressed my opinion three months ago. He has yet to respond and it is getting to be quite stressfulll.
Thank you for the information. If other campers have similar structures and yours is even better than theirs and you are the only one being singled out, then you have a case against the development for selective enforcement of the rules. You do not have to comply with their Attorney's demand to vacate or tear down the camper. You can file lawsuit against the development for singling you out. That is, you can file lawsuit to get declaration from the Court that the development cannot single you out. That if the development wants you to vacate or tear down your camper, that it must make the same demand to other people with campers similar to yours. You can obtain complaint form at your local Courthouse in the Clerk's office. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.