CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I have an emotional support animal in an apartment with a no

Customer Question

I have an emotional support animal in an apartment with a no pet policy, I was unaware of an approval letter being required however when they asked for one I got it but it was from a credible therapist out of state but they are still threatening to force me to move,is this legal?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.
Dear Customer, If you are living in an apartment complex, the complex is going to be governed by the ADA and FHA laws, you cannot be evicted for a service animal or emotional support animal (with appropriate documentation from a medical provider - even an out of state provider). See: can report violations here:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So just because they don't like the timeline of when the approval letter was gotten and consider it dishonest,they cannot force me to move correct?
That is correct. While they can disregard a fraudulent letter, they cannot disregard a late letter.