Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

I have a federal case that was dismissed without prejudice.

Customer Question

I have a federal case that was dismissed without prejudice. I am Pro Se but am currently talking to an attorney. Dismissed for failure to execute. What is my time frame for refilling?
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. If your initial filing is dismissed without prejudice you can refile so long as you are still within the Statute of Limitations for your action. However a second dismissal may act as a final decision. It is wise to discuss this with local counsel because you do not want to be put out of court the second time. See: I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you. If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck, Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.