LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

HooleJust saw this below on calendar. I have not

Customer Question

***** ***** hooleJust saw this below on calendar. I have not been served suit was filed feb 11 02/24/2016 OSC HEARING IS SET FOR 01/28/19 AT 08:30A M., INDEPARTMENT F43 . ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE HEARING SIGNED ANDFILED BY GRACIELA L. FREIXES, JUDGE TO SHOW WHYSANCTIONS SHOULD NOT BE IMPOSED FOR FAILURE TO FILE PROOFOF SERVICE AND FAILURE TO FILE DEFAULT JUDGMENT PURSUANTTO CRC 3.740. CERTIFICATE OF MAILING FILED.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: collections limited LA superior court. found out about case by mailer from someone soliciting. have not been served
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Case Summary
CASE SUMMARY
Case Number: 16A02299
CACH LLC VS. HOOLE, CHARLES
Court: Chatsworth Courthouse
Filing Date: 02/11/2016
Case Type: COLLECTIONS CASE (Limited Jurisdiction)
Status: PENDINGFuture Hearings01/28/2019 at 08:30 AM in department F43 at*****, Chatsworth, CA 91311
OSC - 3.740 COLLECTIONS-DEFAULT JUDGMENTHistory InformationParties
Plaintiff: CACH LLC
Attorney: MANDARICH LAW GROUP, LLP - MARINE KHACHOYAN
Defendant: HOOLE CHARLES AN INDIVIDUAL
Attorney: None
Party InformationHistories (Dates listed in descending order)
02/26/2016 CASE FILE FORWARDED TO SHELF 1 RE: FILE REVIEWER
02/26/2016 CASE FILE RETURNED TO MASTER FILING CABINET.
02/24/2016 OSC HEARING IS SET FOR 01/28/19 AT 08:30A M., IN
DEPARTMENT F43 . ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE HEARING SIGNED AND
FILED BY GRACIELA L. FREIXES, JUDGE TO SHOW WHY
SANCTIONS SHOULD NOT BE IMPOSED FOR FAILURE TO FILE PROOF
OF SERVICE AND FAILURE TO FILE DEFAULT JUDGMENT PURSUANT
TO CRC 3.740. CERTIFICATE OF MAILING FILED.
02/24/2016 CASE FILE FORWARDED TO RECORDS RE: FILING
02/11/2016 COLLECTIONS CASE COMPLAINT FILED PURSUANT TO CRC 3.740. RN
CHA619950072.
02/11/2016 SUMMONS ISSUED.
02/11/2016 SUMMONS FILED.
02/11/2016 DECLARATION UNDER BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONS CODE 6322.1 FILED
02/11/2016 DECLARATION RE: VENUE FILED.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have not been served.
Can they publish in newspaper and thereby get a default judgement?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. You asked: Can they publish in newspaper and thereby get a default judgement? If they don't know where you are and have jumped through the hoops to serve the summons by publication, then yes they can get a judgment against you---a default judgment. But the court record does not show any order granting the right to serve by publication, or even a motion seeking that right. So at this point, all the court is doing is trying to find our why the summons wasn't served. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug