Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I was fired by a construction company because I made comments

Customer Question

I was fired by a construction company because I made comments that they were not following rules and regulations that are set by OSHA plus that building that they are building is not been built according to plans and specifications. I'm a construction supervisor .The company fired me 3 days later .Ok , no problem but when I went filed for unemployment. The Texas Workforce Commission said that the company that fired me stated that I was fired for inappropriate behavior , therefore I did not qualify for unemployment insurance .Not only was this not true but this company that I was working for filed a complaint with the Hays county sheriff's department for theft.Do I have a case against this company
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what exactly you wish to achieve here: 1) Unemployment insurance, or2) Suing the company for the false statements they made and/or wrongful termination? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!