LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

We are in appeal regarding mortgage at our home in Desoto Kansas.

Customer Question

we are in appeal regarding mortgage at our home in Desoto Kansas. we think someone moved in there. we can tell them to leave right? we are in Colorado right now but going back there this weekend
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: we had wanted our son to move in but a person that wanted to buy it a year ago said that with a foreclosure any time the bank can come change the keys and he would be out. the foreclosure is what we are appealing....we have proved that the payments were made. I think that person that wanted to buy has moved in. this is a 300,000 home
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: not really
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Are you saying that the foreclosure has already occurred?2. And has the foreclosure sale of the property already occurred?3. Who is listed as the legal owner of the property---who would be named on the deed presently on file with the land records office in the county that your property is located in?Doug
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We are on the deed and title right now. the foreclosure has taken place. the bank isn't filing anything yet because of our appeal. however they are "ready to talk". the foreclosure was not a legal sale, the judge agrees but has not given his order yet. We are going to do a walk threw to check stuff (for lack of better word)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
neighbors and friends are telling us they think the guy that wanted to buy it over a year ago has moved in.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon, As you are still legally the owner of the property you still have legal control over who resides in your home and if there are squatters in the home, you may certainly tell them to leave now, but if they refuse---which in my experience is likely---you may evict them through the court eviction process in the county where the property is located. You might also try seeking the help of the police by filing a criminal complaint against the person in the home for breaking and entering as well as criminal trespass. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug