How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29287
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband (74) and I (Catherine (70) both receive SS. He has

Customer Question

My husband (74) and I (Catherine (70) both receive SS. He has been working part-time, 20 hrs.wk. Social Security is deducted. Will he ever receive any credit for this? His SS started at age 65.
Also I have been hearing about some form we are to fill out before next month to save/increase SS. Please help, I've had a lot of medical expenses and am looking at possible back surgery now.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Catherine, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. Social Security reviews work records every year for individuals who are working after receiving retirement. They will notify him if the amount of his benefit increases. If your benefit is currently half of his, then you should be notified that your benefit will increase at the same time. Your husband can also create an account to log in and look at his benefit information to make sure they're counting the earnings from his part time job. Increases to Social Security should be done automatically. Can you tell me anything more about the form you're being asked to complete?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
april 17 to complete the form this is the deadline receive some extra benefit from gov.
end of the 2015 they place this provision that he will receive some rebate in the year 2016 base income in the year 2015 and type purchase that we made they say that this a 42.4 bill but actually when i find the bill i can't find anything they say 408 text code.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Who is "they"? What is a text code? Section 408 of the Tax Code talks about Individual Retirement Arrangements, or IRAs. But I'm not finding anything about an IRA rebate that has to be requested by April 17. If you contributed more to your IRA than you were allowed to last year, you'd have to pull it out by the tax filing deadline, but that's April 15 this year. I'm afraid I can't find any information based on what you're saying. I need to know who is telling you this, if it's supposed to be a state or federal benefit, what it says on any paperwork you received, and anything else you can possibly tell me.

Related Legal Questions