LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I live in California. I found a picture on my son's cell phone

Customer Question

I live in California. I found a picture on my son's cell phone of his "girlfriend" age 14 in which she was showing half of her naked body. What is the legality and consequences for my son.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon Ginny,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. While it was not a crime for your son to have received the naked picture---his girlfriend did commit a crime, and if he keeps the picture on his phone he could be charged with child pornography if he is caught. And if he has sent naked pics of himself to her---which probably has occurred given the typical agreement to exchange pictures, then he committed a crime as well. If he is a minor, he could be charged in juvenile court with a crime and might be placed on probation. If he is 18, you could be imprisoned and deemed a sex offender. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Good evening,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug