Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

I live in NJ, I leased a motorhome to someone in texas. the

Customer Question

I live in NJ, I leased a motorhome to someone in texas. the contract stated that the venue for nay disputes would be Union, NJ, they have defaulted. Can i sue them form NJ
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
13. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE:This Lease and Contract to Purchase Agreement shall be governed, construed and interpreted by, through and under the Laws of the State of New Jersey and the Uniform Commercial Code of The United States of America. The parties agree that the venue for any and all disputes related to this Lease and Contract to Purchase shall be Union County, New Jersey.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. Yes it would be breach of contract suit filed in Union County ,NJ.The parties agreed that the matter would be heard here and consented to it.You can file suit there for the value of the amount owed to you under the contract and seek judgment for this amount including filing fees.You will have to serve the defendant here out of state.You may want to consider a NJ lawyer and add on lawyer fees and costs for the suit. But you are able to file this in NJ in Union City as per the contract. I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I wish you best in the suit here.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
Contract (in writing), 6 yearsN.J. Stat. § 2A:14-1 You h ave 6 years here from breach to sue here so there is plenty of time. Thanks again.