Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

Can a pawn shop keep my guns claiming a straw purchase.when

Customer Question

can a pawn shop keep my guns claiming a straw purchase.when i already own the guns and i am not purchasing just getting them out of pawn
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. Under Missouri Law the Pawn Shop is obligated by law to return any pledged items upon payment of the loaned amount. Specifically, it is a violation of the Pawn Shop Law for the Pawn shop to "Fail to return pledged goods to a pledgor upon payment of the full amount due the pawnbroker on the pawn transaction." See MRS Section 367.040.1. By failing to return the Pawned items the Pawn shop is in violation of their licensing law. In addition to bringing suit against the shop for the full value of the weapons, you can also file a complaint against them with the County Licensing Authority or the State Attorney General Office of Consumer Protection. I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing. Kind regards,Gerald