Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My vehicle was towed by the local police department and ticketed

Customer Question

My vehicle was towed by the local police department and ticketed saying I was parked in a no parking zone. I was parked on the side of the street where you are allowed to park on weekends. There were no signs saying that I could not park there. There were many cars parked on the street. There was a local event and they closed down the street after I had already parked and had my car towed. It was not closed off when I parked nor where there any signs or warnings that there wasn't going to be parking there where it is normally permitted. Is this wrongful towing?
Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.The law says it is if there are no parking signs displayed and/or Tow Signs are not visibly posted. I suggest if there was a festival or other event that closed the streets after you parked and there was no Notice given the streets would be closed, then you should consider bringing the Tow company to small claims court for any fees you are being charged.