Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

My question is my wife and I are in the middle of a divorce

Customer Question

My question is my wife and I are in the middle of a divorce paperwork was just filed nothing is mentioned in regards ***** ***** car that she drives.. the car she drives I am the primary on the registration and the primary on the loan she is the cosigner we have been separated for 4 months and she has yet to make the car payment which is forced me to make every car payment register the vehicle and pay for the insurance do I have the legal right to go and retrieve that vehicle
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.Since the two of you haven't filed anything I definitely would not advise you to try to repossess the car. I promise she will try to use that against you in court if she gets the opportunity. You have a couple of options: you can talk to her and determine if she is willing to make payments OR you can stop making payments (which would cause the car to be repossessed) but that could do some serious damage to your credit. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra. We only get credit for the time we take assisting you if you are satisfied AND ALSO ​submit a rating. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.