P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

Me and my ex broke up and he had bought me my dog as a gift.

Customer Question

Me and my ex broke up and he had bought me my dog as a gift. Now because we broke up he claims that she is his and I'm not allowed to see her or have anything to do with her. We have no papers, I have vet records in my name, but he has screenshots of messages saying he bought her. How can I get her back?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help
Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
You mention "gift"...was this a "gift" where he purchased the animal and then gave to you? Or was this a case where he purchased the dog by you raised the dog together?