Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Domestic violence simple, wife of 22 years did

Customer Question

***** *****, domestic violence simple, wife of 22 years did not press charges. two weeks after incident she filed for an injunction stating I was bi-polar, suffer depression, I do but only for agenetic heart condition and I am in the age span the last three generations died. Not diagnosed bipolar from doctor. wife stated that"aftre cops came he had aloaded gun" the officer asked me if I had any guns I told him where, he went and got it asked me where I wanted it put, heplaced it in house, Legal permit holder at time. released ROR q2 hours after being arrested. Now she writes in affidavit that she is certain I will follow her and hurt her and her family Kids are 28, hearing coming up for both of us to appear
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we had an argument, She stood up spit on me. I told her I despised her when she acts this way she said we should brek up then. married ten years, lived together for 12 before that, I did shove her away and back of her head hit door, left small mark per deputy
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.
Hello, In what US state is this taking place? What is your question?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
florida, what would be average time for an inkunction to last?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. The judge has the discretion to decide how long to make the order for. It all depends upon the particular facts and circumstances of a case. The less serious the incident and injuries, the shorter the period the judge will likely issue the order for. It could be as little as a year, or he could make the order indefinite with no end date at all. If the judge doesn't give an end date and you wish the order to be lifted somewhere down the road, you would have to file a motion with the court to modify the order so that you can get this order lifted.