Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I recently used my retirement fund to payoff my daughters mortgage.

Customer Question

I recently used my retirement fund to payoff my daughters mortgage. With the property now in her name I feel disadvantaged because she can refinance and end up with the money and a note. I live with her. What legal action can I take to prevent this? We live in Texas, the house was in foreclosure, the lender settled for $175,000 cash payment. She married after the transaction
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Do you have any type of written agreement with your daughter stating that the money you gave to your daughter from your retirement funds was a loan and the house is the collateral for the loan?