Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I bought a dozer and was going to trade work . The

Customer Question

I bought a bull dozer and was going to trade work for it. The guy i was going to trade work for picked it up and was supposed to give me the tittle but he then went and put it in his name. I was supposed to use it since I'm the one that paid for it. I'm wonder what my legal rights are. I have the messages from pur agree ment
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.
Is the person who put the title in his name the actual owner?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I gave him the money to go pick it up and when he picked it up the owner i bought it from gave him the title. He then went and put it in his name

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.
So, did this guy put any money toward the purchase price?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

He paid 200 on it i paid 3000

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.
Ok. Thanks.
You could sue the guy for conversion and civil fraud for taking something that he was supposed to purchase for you and then withheld the title and then placed it in his name instead of yours (conversion).
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.
You can seek a court order directing him to sign the title over to you per your agreement.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

How do i go about that? Alot of people we know knew that was the agreement between him and i. I'm looking for the messages between us about it

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.
You can go to your small claims court and ask the court to help you fill out papers against this person for civil conversion and fraud.
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.
All of these people and any written memorialization can be used to prove your position.