Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

I kicked my ex girlfriend out . Now she is going

Customer Question

I kicked my ex girlfriend out for cheating. Now she is going around telling people I work with that I robbed her bank account and cleared all the money out, I broke her phone, I hit her, put two cigarette burns out on her arm, I like little girls, and other stuff. None of it is true I was wondering if I could sue her for slander or defamation of character.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. You can sue her for defamation.These are false statements made to third parties that have injured your reputation.n Missouri, to prove a defamation claim a plaintiff must set forth evidence of the following elements: (1) publication, (2) of a defamatory statement, (3) that identifies the plaintiff, (4) that is false, (5) that is published with the requisite degree of fault, and (6) damages the plaintiff’s reputation. In a defamation claim where the plaintiff is a private plaintiff, the requisite degree of fault is negligence . You appear to have facts that would support such a suit for damages.I would consider a lawyer hre locally to send demand letter to cease and desist and damages for the defamation here. I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
Lawyer to sue with here.,-Slander-And-Defamation/Missouri/find-law-firms-by-city/Sorry you are having to go through this.I hope you will pursue such a suit and seek compensation here. Thanks again.