Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My friend that is 86 has "loaned" money to many women who all

Customer Question

my friend that is 86 has "loaned" money to many women who all said they would pay him back...HA! Well, he is old; however, kept meticulous notes of dates, amounts and for what it was for (and if any money or gifts in kind were given to pay back). I want to help him go after these little gals who took advantage of him and now that he needs the money don't bother to call or come by get the picture.
How or is it even possible to send them the ledger and threaten that 1. he will take them to small claims court (although some amounts are over 60,000) 2. I am editing his autobiography and say the last chapter will be devoted to his generousity and put in print 3. Threaten to put it on gabos at his funeral for all to see 4.Give them the option of working it off (cleaning, cooking, running errands...)? They all sort of know who the other one is. Any suggestions? I am POA and he is too weak to attempt this but would like to see some payback.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. The biggest issue is whether the contractual agreement to repay the money is written or oral and whether or not there was a specified period of time in which the debts were to be repaid. Can you tell me where these issues stand?
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Also, any debts that are older than 4 years would be uncollectible under the applicable statute of limitations (Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code § 16.004(a)(4)).
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!