Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My Viet Nam vet husband has been abusive and has now been

Customer Question

My Viet Nam vet husband has been abusive and has now been arrested for pulling a gun and saying lets just end this....I called 911 and left the line opened and I need answers as far as the legal aspects. Forgive me if I do not trust the VA and their advice. I'm told I don't need a lawyer, but he has one. Hired the night before our court date. Now we go to court on Monday and I'm thinking I need one. If you can help please do so. I know it is a Saturday but I'm worried. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Tammy ******
*** *** ****
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 11 months ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I can understand your concerns about the VA. The situation you describe tells me that he is a danger to himself and or other, Where in Tennessee are you located so I can provide the steps necessary to not only get him into involuntary treatment but to get you an order of protection?
I know the site offers phone calls, however, unfortunately there are restrictions on attorneys calling customers and most of us on this site are not permitted to make phone calls. That being said I can help you in this format without you paying any additional money.
You can just give me the county.
This is a 2 step process and under the circumstances sounds necessary for both of your safety.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I call you?
Tennessee has what is known as involuntary commitment laws that allow a person, family member or law enforcement to make the begin the process by filing the required forms with the court. The first step would be to contact the police.
The reason that the any phone call is an issue is that we are a general information site and cannot represent you. We can, hopefully provide you with enough information to assist you in moving forward. We can also close the question for privacy. Let me have your name and number removed from the question as this is a public forum.
This is a link for the forms https://tn.gov/behavioral-health/article/forms-for-involuntary-commitment
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes Sir or Ma'am,
I'm not asking much but there is so much to type...you will not get the whole story without and frankly the fact that y'all can't call me back seems like a waste of money that I don't have.
There are other attorneys that do make phone calls we can see if someone will pick up the question for you that does make calls.We would not be able to represent you pursuant to the terms of service agreement for the site. "Information Not Advice; No Client-Professional RelationshipAnswers of Experts on the Site are provided by Experts and are to be used by Customers for general information purposes only, not as a substitute for in-person evaluation or specific professional (medical, legal, veterinary, tax, financial, etc.) advice. For example, Experts in the Legal category will provide only general information about the law, and will not provide legal advice nor propose a specific course of action for a Customer. By answering questions, Experts do not intend to form, and do not form attorney-client or doctor-patient relationships with Users of the Site. The laws, regulations, other governing authorities, standards, practices and procedures that apply to your particular question may differ depending on your location and information typically discovered through in-person evaluations or visits. Experts in some categories may be licensed, certified, educated, employed by or have experience in only particular jurisdictions.No professional-client relationships shall be formed on the Site.Communications on this Site are not confidential and shall not be the subject of any associated privileges. Communications on this Site are limited, as described above, do not involve in-person evaluations or visits, and do not include safeguards and procedures typical of in-person evaluations and visits.Before you can interact with an Expert, you will be required to agree to a Disclaimer reminding you of these and other important provisions of the Terms." http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0 If you are in danger there are also local attorneys who are available on the weekend in emergency situations and could be available for court. Can you provide the county.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks so much attorney #2! I'm stuck out here at a 101st alone with no help. Yeah you can't call me back?! Woof, jeepers I'm so sorry I don't have enough $ for help!
You do not need to pay any additional money to me. I can continue to assist you in this format at no additional charge.
There are other attorneys that do make phone calls we can see if someone will pick up the question for you that does make calls.We would not be able to represent you pursuant to the terms of service agreement for the site. If you are in danger there are also local attorneys who are available on the weekend in emergency situations and could be available for court. Can you provide the county. Your question is open to all attorneys.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 11 months ago.
Hello:Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. I see that you are frustrated and anxious about Monday. I understand that you would like a phone call but do not wish to spend any additional funds.Unfortunately Phone Calls are an additional Premium Service, but I do not want you to feel unprepared for Monday. So I will propose a rate to you. If it is acceptable just click the accept button and enter your phone number where indicated. While I can not represent you or provide direct legal advice I can provide educational information to you so you can feel more comfortable facing tomorrow. Or we can post if you want. Whichever makes you the most comfortable. Just let me know. Kind regards,Gerald
Please let me know how you wish to proceed.Thank you.Kind regards,Gerald