Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Can a city municipality legally take my state income tax for

Customer Question

Can a city municipality legally take my state income tax for an electric bill?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I just want to be clear, is the electric bill owed to the municipality itself? In other words, does the city run the electric service?