Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

I am selling a Condo property in Wisconsin and I have recieved

Customer Question

I am selling a Condo property in Wisconsin and I have recieved an offer from a registered sex offender. We have young couples with childern living next door. Can I refuse to sell to him based on the fact of his crimminal record?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Yes, you can elect not to accept this contract offer. It's your house and you are not obligated to accept a contract from a registered sex offender. Your restrictions as to whom you elect to sell your house are based on illegal discrimination against protected classes...those protected classes are ones based on race, religion, ethnicity, age, etc. Being a registered sex offender is NOT a protected class so there is no restriction on you deciding not to accept this contract from such a prospective buyer. Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!