Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I had a guy wire me money to buy a classic car. Allot happened

Customer Question

I had a guy wire me money to buy a classic car. Allot happened and the deal has been cancelled now I have to re sell the car and there was costs involved now the car is saying if I do not refund him ASAP he will have me arrested for felony is his true
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Did the buyer pay in full?Was there a written contract?​Why was the deal canceled and by whom?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No written contract emails and texts and phone calls. No bill of sale. Yes he paid in full. I have refunded him some already yet need to re sell the car to recoup the balance. It was a long deal I cancelled first as he was being very rude and demanding like 37 calls in 2 hours! then he said he wanted it so I did more work then he said he did not want it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not care about civil case but I do not want to get involved with criminal and do not understand what crime I did
Thank you for your follow up.What was the amount of money that the buyer sent to you and what is the amount you have refunded so far?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He sent two payments a deposit of $25000 and the balance of $5500 I refunded the $5500
Thank you for your follow up.What is the reason that you have not refunded $25,000?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I said I would refund he rest once I re sell the car at first I was going to be kind and not charge him for extra work but then he kept calling and insulting me so I said I would charge him I
Thank you for your follow up.What did you do with the $25,000 that the buyer sent to you as deposit for the car?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I considered deal done and used it to buy another car as he was supposed to pick up car then he asked me to to do other work on it so I did then he rest happened
Thank you for your follow up.Unfortunately, generally, under similar circumstance, the seller would have to either provide the car to the buyer or to refund the entire amount of money buyer paid for the vehicle, especially if it was the seller who initially canceled the deal and if the seller does not return all of the fund, it is in fact not only possible, but likely that the buyer would be able to pursue felony criminal charges against the seller for theft of the money which were sent to the seller for the purchase of the car.I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What if the buyer refuses to supple bank details to wire refund? But just wants to call police?
Thank you for your follow up.How is the buyer wants his money refunded?How did the buyer send the money?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Buyer wired me the money. I am trying to wire it back but the Aba number he gave me is incorrect I have tried to contact him sending him photos of my computer screen showing invalid Aba but he will not respond just says go to jail?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have his texts with details I found a Aba online but all I ask is he confirm rims it so I can send wire he will not reply
Thank you for your follow up.Do you have buyer's address?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I thought about sending a bank check but he saying he is sending police to arrest me tonight I have never been in trouble in my life!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am in California my bank opens at 10am tomorrow he cost me over $5000 in the extra work he ordered so now I am loosing $5000 this is so not fair
Thank you for your follow up.Well, generally, in similar case, it is important for the person being accused of similar crime to manifest his/her intent to return all of the money before law enforcement makes an arrest or criminal charges are filed and also generally, when the situation escalates to such point, it is important to contact and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney and to let this local criminal defense attorney handle the entire situation and for the suspect not to discuss anything related to the situation with anyone, but the local criminal defense attorney. You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:www.lexmundi.comwww.martindale.comwww.lawyers.comwww.legalmatch.comWhen, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.