legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed

Purchase a service contract with the financing of a car...

Customer Question

purchase a service contract with the financing of a car... contract paid off in full but service contract never used never fulfilled... is their any way to recover the cost of the service contract of $2,000
Expert:  legalgems replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your patience;I have reviewed the statutes governing service contracts and there is no legislative mandate ordering reimbursement for an unused service contract. Now, some contracts will explicitly state that if there are no claims during the covered period, a certain percentage of the money (occassionally 100%) will be refunded if the buyer completes the necessary notification documents. That is a term of the contract, though, and would need to be set forth in the contract. If the contract does not have that provision, then no reimbursement would be do. Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly-Rate Positively-This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.Thank you and take care!
attorneys may be located here: kindly rate positively if no further questions.