Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I'm looking to keep somone off my property JA: The Lawyer

Customer Question

I'm looking to keep somone off my property
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: my home was sold in a tax sale and they have a tax deed but the tax deed does not give them any legal rights to come on the property until after one year so I can to file a restraining order but they are giving me a hard time since he did not threaten my life
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me (1) what do you mean by them giving you a hard time, and (2) what state is this in?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ga I mean the clerk office wont tell me which papers to file since my life was not threatened but I want to keep him off my land
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
For a restraining order, this would be a Stalking Protection Order. See HERE for an explanation and a step by step on how to file and what paperwork is needed. The order also applies to harassment. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!